Friday, March 05, 2004

Schadenfruede

I've been thinking through all of the possible news stories to write about:

The election? I'm bored.

Haiti? I still can't figure out what the U.S. national interest is.

Martha Stewart? I really don't care about this trial and ...........

wait a minute......breaking news....... Martha Stewart: Guilty on all counts.

YES! YES! (Happy dance around the living room). Finally they find a jury that has an attention span longer than a reality show episode who can listen to the facts and produce JUSTICE! YES! YES! YES! (party balloons and confetti! Wake up the neighbors!) and finally a filthy rich snobby elitist who's obviously guilty as sin can't trade on her celebrity and buy her way out of a conviction and jail time YES!YES!YES! YES! (high fives all around) and finally there's a wakeup call to the elites that there are new sheriffs in town. YES!YES!YES!YES!YES! I say throw the book at her!

What was I saying? Oh yeah, I really don't care about the Martha Stewart story. If only there was something to write about.

*from Webster: Shadenfruede, Noun, "enjoyment obtained from the troubles of others"

No comments: