Monday, July 12, 2004

America is Safer

I caught a little bit of President Bush's speech today at Oak Ridge Laboratory while I was dressing for work. Not all of it, but snippets. It was in part a defense of our actions in the War on Terror.

It had a tag like this throughout the speech: "The terrorists have suffered defeat after defeat and America and the world are safer". Great line. And true. (Don't believe me? Read the text of the speech and argue it with me.)

Another great line: "The War on Terror will not be fought to a draw".

Well written. Convincing. Why haven't I heard a speech like this every month for the last year? He's got the right message. Why haven't he used the bully pulpit to defend it more.

I sat through a seminar today on change. One of the key recommendations in a change environment? Communicate. Communicate. Communicate.

I would say the War on Terror was a big change for the country. President Bush, take the seminar advice. Communicate. Communicate. Communicate.

No comments: