Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Intelligent Design Expelled from Dover

There are important stories in the news this week, to be sure. And I am following them. The Iraqi elections. Sadaam's trial. Bush's NSA eavesdropping revelations. All important.

But the story that interests me most is the story of the Federal Judge in Pennsylvania issuing a ruling that the Intelligent Design policy instituted by the Dover School Board was unconstitutional and must be ceased.

The story was interesting to me on two levels.

First, it taps into my longstanding interest in the creation vs. evolution debate.

Second, the decision is a milestone in that debate and deserves a great deal of study and scrutiny. I'd advise everyone that is proffering an opinion on the ruling to actually read the thing.

I read the entire ruling - an ambitious excercise for a non-lawyer - including all 139 pages plus the footnotes. I read it all in one sitting.

After reading the Dover decision, I made a decision. That is, to start a new blog focused on this one topic only - separate from Partisan Newsjunkie.

Politics here.

Creation vs. Evolution over at my new home: http://onorigins.blogspot.com

Stop in and check it out.

No comments: