Sunday, December 30, 2007

Predicting Iowa

In a feat of New Year's foolhardiness, I'll go ahead and publish my predictions for the impending Iowa Caucus elections. (Or, as talk radio likes to call it - the "Hawkeye Cauceye".)

My predictions are based on:

- closely following the election for a year
- studiously ignoring all polls
- knowing one person who lives in Iowa
- spending one fascinating road warrior day listening to left-wing radio for kicks on my rental car's XM radio. This one-day immersion into the realm of relentless Bush Derangement Syndrome gave me some otherwise unknowable (to me anyway) insight into the Dem side of the caucasing.

A drumroll please........my predictions for the Iowa Caucus results are:

Republicans:

1. Romney
2. Thompson
3. Huckabee

Democrats:

1. Edwards
2. Clinton
3. Obama

I know. No polling has it that way. But, who likes polls? If I got it right, I'm a genius. If I get it wrong, well.....disregard.

No comments: