Sunday, May 23, 2004

Hillary visits the VRWC

Re: Hillary Clinton's appearance on Fox News Network's Sunday show this morning:

- Her 1st appearance at the epicenter of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy.

- Did I hear her right, that she agreed with me on the handover of power in Iraq on June 30th? In early April I was advocating that we keep the date. Dems (and most Republicans) at that time were jabbering that there was no way we could turnover power on that date with the situation on the ground there. I made the argument to my friend that the wildcard in the argument was George W. Bush. The man has an iron core. He set the date, and he wasn't going to deviate. June 30th it was going to be. I also made the argument that doing so would disarm his opponents. I'm sure I heard Sen. Clinton say this morning that we were going to meet the date.

- It was the height of political irony seeing Hillary paired on the show with Sen. Lindsay Graham. They were having a political lovefest of bipartisanship over Iraq. Closing ranks for the sake of the troops. Awesome! The irony: Graham was one of the leading House managers presenting the case to the Senate that President Clinton should be convicted and removed from office! Time marches on in politics, I guess.

No comments: