Friday, June 18, 2004

"9-11 Commission Can't Find Their Butts with Both Hands"

Okay, that is the headline I would have written instead of the real headline in most newspapers Thursday morning: "9-11 Panel finds no link between Iraq and Al Qaida".

This is the same panel that can't even, as I've delineated for you in previous posts, spot the obvious conflict of interest of one of their own panel members. And we're going to trust them to analyze complicated terror networks.

Here's what I want before I'm satisfied: I want a full national discussion of the Salman Pak training camp in Iraq where a parked airliner was used to train hijackers on techniques using small knives. I want to know if the obvious is true, that this camp played a part in the training of the 9-11 "muscle" hijackers who took over the plane. That's what I want and it's completely missing in all the mainstream coverage of the commission.

No comments: