Thursday, August 12, 2004

Summer Reading

I'm reading "The 9/11 Commission Report" for fun summer reading, in my spare time.

I must say that the chapters that I've read so far are riveting. Totally fascinating.

My expectation going into reading it was not high. I expected a partisan slam on President Bush. I was wrong. What I've read so far is a straight-down-the-middle compelling narrative of the facts of 9/11. I have learned more in the reading of the first chapter on the events of that day than I had previously learned in 3 years of paying close attention to the news. I was very surprised. And pleasantly surprised.

The second section, on the rise of Bin Laden's organization Al Qaeda, is riveting as well.

I'm only through the first two sections and I haven't gotten to the recommendations section, but I already have a recommendation of my own. It would be worth your time to read this report before the election. And it should be required reading on college campuses.

Stay tuned.

No comments: