Monday, October 30, 2006

Pre-Election Tidbits

I haven't posted in a while. So, in the spirit of catching up, here are some pre-election tidbits:

1. The 2006 midterm election is actually over for me. I voted today, since I will be out of the country on election day. Absentee ballot for me. Yes, I had to hold my nose in a couple of races to pick a candidate - but vote I did. I voted close to a straight party ticket, being the partisan that I am!, but I did vote for one candidate from the opposite party. It was for a county level position and the incumbent candidate is more than competent and runs a great office and deserves to keep going.

2. I think the Republican base will turn out as usual. I know that there is a lot of handringing going on about that in media and pundit circles. Yes, Republicans are disappointed with a lot of the failings of the Republicans to act like conservatives. But, they're still the best choice and the base likes to vote. We'll be there. I already was there.

3. The stem cell amendment in Missouri is interesting to keep tabs on. Not because of the Rush Limbaugh/Michael J. Fox spat. That's an irrelevant sideshow. No, the issue is the amendment and what are the implications of it's passing. I'll have to write a separate post on that.

4. What surprises are in store for us in the last 8 days of the races? Any October surprises left? Who knows. But for us political junkies it's crunch time. Better than the World Series!

No comments: