Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Scaling Back

As I've said, I've seen this movie before. And I don't want to sit through it again, so I'm tuning out as best I can.

The eight years of the Clinton Administration were tough on me, mentally. (As, apparently, the eight years of the Bush Administration were on lefties). I got myself twisted in knots learning all about their misdeeds and trying to convince other people that they were doing bad things. Which they were.

It's not healthy for me.

So, I'm going to tune out of politics as best as I can for the next four or eight years.

I'm going to try to put my head down and just take care of my family and focus on other hobbies that are good for my mental health. Photography, for example.

Whatever happens in the next 8 years, don't even tell me. I'm not listening.

At least, I'm going to try. We'll see how long that I last.

No comments: