Monday, March 03, 2008

Super Tuesday 2 - tidbits

You know, faithful readers, that I've wanted to post something every day during this totally fascinating election season of 2008. Alas, time does not permit. So, to catch up, here are some tidbits:

- I'm of a split mind what I want to have happen in tomorrow's Super Tuesday 2 elections in Texas and Ohio. Do I want Hillary to get the crushing defeat that she so soundly deserves, and for the Clintons to finally be driven off the public stage in humiliating defeat. Yes, I want that. Or, do I more want Hillary to make just enough of a showing to stay in the race so that the two of them can scratch each other's eye's out (politically metaphorically, of course) all the way through the convention? Do I wish for political chaos and damage in the Democratic primaries until August? The Rush Limbaugh strategy.

I want both. I think, though, that I have to come down on the side of wanting Hillary soundly defeated and out of our lives. The Clintons are so politically dangerous to America's future that I want the possibility of her being President off of the table. I'll sleep easier.

- Who is the most beatable in the general election for McCain? Hillary, with her decades of baggage? Or Barack who's-middle-name-cannot-be-spoken Obama? I say both are beatable. Finsh off Hillary now. Take out Obama in the general. It can happen.

- Speaking of B. Hussein Obama's middle name: I think most if not all of the pundits are missing the point about why it should cause Americans pause in voting for him.

It's not that he is currently a muslim - he's not, he's a member of Trinity United Church of Christ.

It's not, as Karl "the Architect", said on Fox News tonight irrelevant because B. Hussein Obama did not choose his middle name.

It's relevant precisely because the people who did choose his middle name are the people who most influenced and shaped his life and his worldview, and they are all "practicing" muslims. So, did Obama oppose the Iraq war in 2002 - when EVERYONE else supported it - because he really thought it was bad strategy, or because of the worldview that his overwhelmingly muslim family shaped him with? You can't say you know.

I'll just say it straight out. We are at war with Islamic Jihadists who mean to do great harm to America. I do not want a commander-in-chief, who will be called on to pull the trigger to defend us, who has sympathetic family connections to the group we are fighting. I don't. That's my preference, and I'm entitled to it.

I'll refer you to this website for a look at Barack Hussein Obama's family history. Chock full of muslim heritage. That obviously doesn't disqualify him from anything - except the one thing that he's seeking: commander-in-chief of our armed forces. My opinion.

- By the way, the same disqualification applies to Hillary, who's closest personal aide and live-in companion Huma Abedin is a Saudi Arabian nationalist with muslim parents from India and Pakistan. Under what national security clearance program did she get to be the closest aide to a presidential candidate? Is she an intelligence agent for Saudi Arabia? It's a reasonable question.

- It's not just Obama's muslim past that is troubling.

His formative collaboration with leftist activists during his "community organizer" days is.

His corrupt alliance with Rezko in Chicago, who apparently fraudently funneled money to Obama to buy his mansion, is.

His membership in a church that preaches black nationalism, and corresponding antipathy to "white culture" and America in general is. Now personally, I'm not into racial politics. But Obama's church is, to the extreme, and that's the point. (Go read their "12 precepts and convenants" about the "Black Value System") It has undoubtedly shaped his worldview, and that should be questioned.

His 100% allegiance to the pro-abortion industry - to the point of even opposing the Born Alive Infant Protection Act - is.

There are a lot of reasons to oppose Obama.

- So, Obama is beatable by a Republican candidate who will go after him. That candidate, unfortunately, is not John McCain. McCain will pull his punches just to be liked by the liberal media, and throw conservatives under the bus - as he did with Cunningham last week for mentioning he-who's-middle-name-cannot-be-spoken's middle name.

- During the early months of the primary, the political spin was that the Republican's were in disarray and didn't like any of their candidates while the Dems were in a lovefest with all three of their candidates. That most Democrats thought that "any of our three" would make fine candidates and easily beat any Republican in November.

Trust me, that lovefest with their candidates on the Dem side has taken a beating lately. I don't know if you read left-wing websites like democraticundergound.com, or listen to leftwing radio, but I do. And they are just as in disarray and not liking their candidates at the moment as the Republicans do. The palpable dislike of Hillary and Barack by the opposite supporters on DU is getting hardcore and vicious. Obamaniacs hate Hillary, and vice versa. The lovefest is over.

- I don't know about Ohio, but I think Mike Huckabee still has life left in him in Texas. My gut tells me he could post big numbers there. His strategy of denying McCain enough delegates to lock up a first-ballot win at the convention has life in it.

Tomorrow should be exciting. I'm tuning in...

No comments: