Monday, March 28, 2005

Hail to the Orange, Hail to the Blue

I'm caught up in March Madness and am wallowing in NCAA basketball this weekend.

So, some kudos and condolences are in order:

Kudos to the Fighting Illini of the University of Illinois. My team. I attended college there in Champaign - Urbana from 1978 through 1981. ( I ended up graduating elsewhere, but that's another story.) The Illini earned their way to the Final Four last night in one of the most exciting college basketball games I have ever seen, coming from 15 points down to win it in OT. (To my readers who know that I am a jinx when I watch Illinois basketball - I had someone tape it and only watched it after they won!)

Condolences to a large part of my extended family who are diehard fans of the Blue and White of the University of Kentucky Wildcats. They lost their bid to the final four today in a hard fought game.

On to St. Louis for the championship. Go Illinois!

Sanity will resume in April.

No comments: